View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 AM
guinny54
Part-Time Fan

bringing this over from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
Just a warning -- for the second show, I was there about 45 minutes ahead of time to get my seat, and it was filling quickly. The front row where V/M do most of their hugs/high fives etc were reserved at both shows -- I was lucky to have gotten the ones I did. I thought there was better lighting at the end of the rink rather than the sides, in terms of taking pictures, only because the two spotlights that seemed to be used most often came from each side, closer to the stage, and sitting on the side meant getting more backlighting and washing out... of course, this was on my camera phone, LOL, since I was too lazy to lug around a real camera (point and shoot that it may be) when I knew I was spending the day going on rides and eating very good bad food. There didn't seem to be any policy about cameras in the building... because it's a free show, there's no one checking bags... and there were plenty of flashes going off during performances (which I found both odd and distracting, LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing yours!
thanks for the info. we're planning to get in line ASAP (heck, we'd be there three hours ahead if we had to, but we'll be there an hour before the start of each show). good to know that the lighting is better on the end. we contacted the CNE to see about cameras, since we knew we wanted to bring the telephoto if we could, and we won't be doing any rides or anything else besides seeing T&S, and maybe wandering the grounds. and they said it was all good, so yay! we're definitely no-flash people. it's so distracting, to the skaters/performers, and to the other audience members.

I can say 'the hippopotamus has a drum.' ~Tessa Virtue

Tumblr | Tumblr 2 | Twitter