View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 05:51 PM
blueangel
Master Fan

HP Debate/Discussion Thread #9: OotP Passage: Weak vs Strong against YKW

Remember Harry's Occlumency lesson with Professor Snape? Well, what he said made me think about this a lot ... Here's the quote on page 336 of the US edition of OotP, Chapter 24, Occlumency:

Quote:
"I told you to empty yourself of emotion!"
"Yeah? Well, I'm finding that hard at the moment," Harry snarled.
Then you will find yourself easy prey for the Dark Lord!" said Snape savagely. "Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance against his powers! He will penetrate your mind with absurd ease, Potter!"

There is one character that worried me when I read that passage, it was like, it was written about him. (I'll post later my thoughts about that.) In your opinion, who do you think can be considered weak, who's most likely to be possesed by You Know Who, or used against Harry . . . What are your thoughts about this passage, thoughts about Harry, Snape, and other characters?

A question to ask is also, do you really think that wearing your "heart" on your sleeve is a bad thing? I think in the end that those that do just that will be essential to Voldys defeat. (By spikearrin)

Check out the Past Threads (you may post on these still):
HP Debate / Discussion Thread #1 - House Elves, opressed slaves or willing workers?
HP Debate / Discussion Thread #2 - Turning back time
HP Debate/Discussion Thread #3: Strengths and Weaknesses
Harry Potter: HP Debate/Discussion Thread #4: Will Ron Turn On Harry?
Harry Potter: HP Debate/Discussion Thread #5: Ghosts and the Afterlife
HP Debate/Discussion Thread #6: What would the HP characters ask Santa for Christmas?
HP Debate/Discussion Thread #7: How does magic work anyway?
HP Debate/Discussi on Thread #8: Animagus: Think Crookshanks is one? And Trevor?

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited Din ]

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 07-06-2004 at 04:18 PM
blueangel is offline   Reply With Quote