View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM
livin4foxy
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
What I love about season 1 and 2 is that the writers took their time with Sydney and Vaughn.

Nowadays TV shows tend to rush things - often times to appease and satisfy impatient viewers. But I like that on Alias, they did not sacrifice build-up for pay-off. I like that it took a while to get this relationship passed the friendship line. And I like that their connection grew over time in a believable way.

I really hate when shows feel like they have to get their main characters together by the end of season 1 in order to retain their viewers. It's frustrating as a shipper to have to wait for the good stuff, but as a TV lover and a writer myself, I find it so much more layered and gratifying when it's not rushed.

Sydney and Vaughn, for me, were a great example of perfect pacing in season 1 and 2.
Yeah definitely! They took their time, built it up, didn't do cheap cute scenes to reel the viewers in or to higher the ratings. I loove that they spent a lot of time btu at the same time didnt drag it out unaturally or painfully. It literally was probably the best executed couple I've ever seen on TV. But to be honest it fell short in season 5 and 4.. although I did get REALLY freakin sad in season 5 when I though Vaughn was dead.