View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Big Head want Dolly
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitargirl77 (View Post)

I was more emotionally into Jack and Sydney's father/daughter relationship than Sydney and Vaughn's romantic relationship.
Same here, I was just interested in your opinion on this particular dynamic
Quote:
Nowadays TV shows tend to rush things - often times to appease and satisfy impatient viewers. But I like that on Alias, they did not sacrifice build-up for pay-off. I like that it took a while to get this relationship passed the friendship line. And I like that their connection grew over time in a believable way.
I agree They might have gotten tangled up with many other plots on this show, but they did an amazing job with the two of them - even through out S3 and beyond imho
Quote:
I really hate when shows feel like they have to get their main characters together by the end of season 1 in order to retain their viewers. It's frustrating as a shipper to have to wait for the good stuff, but as a TV lover and a writer myself, I find it so much more layered and gratifying when it's not rushed.
That's true - it's also irritating to me that characters on TV shows have to end up with anyone at all though I guess I'm on a different end of this altogether

T.