View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 AM
The Crow
Elite Fan

I've never liked Matt Millen, and this just makes me feel more justified. Blind loyalty to someone is never a good thing, and it just goes to show a defect in his personality that he'd continue to blindly defend the man on this subject. I still wish that this had all come out while he was still alive so he would have had to answer for his behavior. All of his arguments in his defense kinda fall before what came out in that report, in my opinion.

And, you know what, I'm tired of seeing the 'he made a mistake; that shouldn't undo the good things he did argument.' That is such a BS argument. If you want to remember the good stuff he did, then that's fine. It probably should be remembered, but don't gloss over the bad stuff and act like it didn't happen. I mean, John Wayne Gacy was a community leader and charitable activist for 30 years. He even donated his time as Pogo the clown for various children's birthday parties. He also raped and murdered 33 men, burying 26 of them in the crawlspace under his house. I know that's not exactly the same level of what Paterno did, but it serves my point: I'm sure there are lots of people out there that Gacy helped. Heck, he even met Rosalynn Carter because of his efforts, but that shouldn't somehow soften the fact that he did horrible things. Paterno didn't actually do anything to those children, but he did have a chance to put a stop to a sexual predator, and instead he helped enable him and cover his crimes. It was bad enough when I just thought that he'd ignored what took place and was complacent. Now that it is apparent that he interceded on Sandusky's behalf and caused him not to be reported, his 'good name' will forever be ruined in my eyes. Just reporting what he saw to his bosses and not the authorities is a 'mistake.' Covering up sexual abuse isn't something that I could ever deem a simple mistake. Ever.

Last edited by The Crow; 07-14-2012 at 07:09 AM