View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:41 PM
The Crow
Elite Fan

I see your point, but I also hesitate to punish all those students and the community in general because of the action of 4-5 people. I mean, if SMU could get the death penalty for what their program did, then I can definitely see how a cover-up of disgusting and criminal behavior for the sole purpose of protecting the university and football program's images could conceivably happen. It never will, of course, but it's not unjustified.

I'm most disappointed with the people who still blindly defend Joe Paterno after stuff like this comes out. I'm the first person in line to defend one of my heroes if I think that they've done nothing wrong, but once a legal document surfaces that proves that he or she was in the wrong, I stop. I am a fan of Brad Pitt, but if something like this came to light about him, I don't know that I could watch his movies anymore, much less defend him with blind loyalty.