View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I spent a good part of the morning reading the actual report, and it is very disheartening and infuriating to read the responses of everyone involved. Every thought was given to the university or even Sandusky himself, but no one seemed to care about the children involved. I mean, apparently Sandusky offered to tell Schultz the name of the child that McQueary saw him with, and he was told that Schultz didn't want to know.

Oh, and Paterno was told about the incident on Saturday, but he didn't call Shultz and Curley until Sunday because he didn't want to 'interfere with their weekend.' That statement just floored me. There just aren't enough words for the disappointment I feel in a fellow human being that he reacted that way.
Yes, I am with you. I'm just sickened and I wish Paterno was still around because I want this guy right here in front of everyone responding to this. In my mind, his death was an easy route for him. He's gone now while we learn these things and I wish he would have been around to comment and accept his role in this. To me, he is no better than Sandusky. He didn't actually rape those boys but in my mind, he HELPED by not going to the proper authorities.

I am sure more will come out stating that Paterno and others did other things wrong, and there were key moments the abuse and rape would have STOPPED had they done the right thing. I almost blame Paterno and the others even more than the animal predator, Sandusky. He was a lost cause, he was the human form of evil doing his sick criminal acts but the others should have protected those children and prevented further rapes from taking place. They failed and anyone involved who knew should be even charged with something in my mind. This is so sickening.

Honestly, I want the football program gone. This school doesn't deserve to have one anymore. It should be wiped out in my mind. It would be the proper punishment because rapes went on while protecting the football program, rapes were taking place just for the damn program. The one way to right this incredible wrong (or at least somewhat try to) is by taking away the football program for good. Those children lost parts of their souls forever for being violated by a predator. The football program should be gone.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-13-2012 at 02:36 PM