View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Houston
Passionate Fan

Saw this article posted on Scifi.com. Not sure if anyone has posted it here yet.

No Lucius Malfoy In Azkaban

British actor Jason Isaacs told the British Sun tabloid newspaper that he won't appear as the villainous Lucius Malfoy in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban film, but would show up in the proposed fourth film in the series. "I make a tiny cameo appearance in the fourth film [The Goblet of Fire], to remind people that I still exist, as I have a bit more to do in the fifth one [The Order of the Phoenix]," Isaacs told the newspaper.

Isaacs added, "To be honest, I thought I wouldn't get to be in the fourth film at all, but it will be nice to get the wig out of mothballs and start the slow warm-up for number five, where I have some rather juicy and lovely stuff. I'm looking forward to it, as long as everyone else agrees to do it. For all I know the kids could be married with children by then."

Prisoner of Azkaban, based on the third of J.K. Rowling's best-selling fantasy novels, is due in theaters June 4.

Now about John M as Voldie. Don't get me wrong, I think John is an amazing actor and I really like him and think he could do justice to the role, but for some reason, I just don't see him as Voldie.

Now Jeremy Irons would be magnificant in the role. Plus I thought the tradition was to have all British actors in HP.

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 05-14-2004 at 11:18 AM