View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM
americanamuchacha020
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
I don't see them agreeing to that either. I know Kevin has a soft spot for DJ, but I don't think his soft spot for them, will affect Pacey and Joey's relationship, if they do a reunion in the future, or at least I hope. He and Julie Plec were doing an interview about the Vampire Diaries and was asked again, about the finale of DC. He mentions how he came to the conclusion that PJ were gonna be end game.

So, why didn’t you end the series with Dawson and Joey together?
KW: Originally, I really was going to go down that Dawson and Joey route and something didn’t feel right about it.

I mean, when the creator of the characters and show says something didn't feel right about it, then it really must not be right.

How did you make the final decision?
JULIE PLEC: This is my favorite Kevin Williamson moment of all time because we were working on a movie together at the time that he was making that decision. He had been agonizing over this because when he created the show it was [the] Dawson and Joey love story and then it came to the end of the show and he couldn’t decide what the right path for Joey to take was. He walked in and he was like, “I got it. I got it. Joey chooses Pacey because her childish love for Dawson has given way to her grown-up love for Pacey.

The way it sounds to me, is that there were no re writes or original script for a DJ ending, just something he thought about doing before making the final decision, but it didn't feel right. I'm not surprised by that actually, because Dawson is the main character of the show, so of course he would think about putting DJ together, but thinking about it and writing it, is two different things. So, after trying to decide what was best for Joey, he came to the conclusion that PJ would be end game. I think he realized it was the only ending that made sense. He never said DJ was gonna be end game and that half way through, he decided to change his mind to PJ. He says he didn't know which way to go, all the way up til the end and when he finally made his decision, he had Joey choose Pacey. The only ending he wrote. There were so many PJ moments leading up to the "Off the Hook" speech, that I think he knew way before the end, that Pacey was gonna be the one Joey chose.

Between this interview and the interviews he mentioned Pacey and Joey living happily ever after and even tweeting about Joey still loving Pacey after all these years, I would hope he wouldn't go against everything he's said. If I'm being completely honest, I kinda don't think he would. If he did, it would be like admitting he got it wrong the first time and I don't think he believes he got it wrong.
I just LOVE that, I think Kevin made the right decision, Dawson was Joey's childhood first love, not the love of her life. Pacey is the love of her life and it threw her for a loop because she thought Dawson was suppose to be that person.