View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Lor-baby
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca
Lor I love the video. I've been meaning to ask. I saw the video you've made of C/L and I was just wodnering did it open your eyes to how BBs feel? I've done a video for a ship oher than my own (to be more specific, a Sara/Nick video even thoguhI'm for Grissom/Sara) and although I saw them in a bit of a new light I just can't see them together. Did you experience anything like that?
Thanks Janet
And I think I perfectly know how they feel,but I simply don't get their thinking. Sometimes it's plain denial and I just hate denial.Plus I always hated Chris and his relationship with Lorelai. It's always been that way. I just dislike very much that kind of man(the one that can't grow up and get himself together. He's charming but really irritating.The world is full of man like him.)...I can't explain it. It has nothing to do with the L/L relationship. I mean yes, this year I got mad at him because of the way he acted toward Luke at the wedding but it's more than that. He irritates me to no end and so do he and Lorelai together. So...no I don't like them together and probably never will,but I think I know why the BBs love them. The idea of two soul mates who met at 6 years and fall in love for life but are somehow kept apart by a cruel destiny is very romantic...but I never saw them that way. I can't see them that way LOL. There's no tragedy there,they can be together if they want and they could if they wanted. I see it more like nostalgy and an idealized first love (that,in fact,faded as soon as she grew up and found her adult true love). Which is great,because first love is something you'll never forget,but it's not a Romeo and Juliet's kind of love.
Everytime I try to make a video anyhow (and I've been making videos about many couples I don't like under request...I just can't say no ) I forget about my anger or my negative feelings and try to be a shipper of the couple. I can't do it completely ,especially if I really hate the couple,but I try. Soooo No I don't see them in a new light,but I've tried to think like a BB while I was making the video.Plus I think that a video can make you appreciate certain aspects of the couple,but NOT necessarily love the characters AS a couple. You can understand their relationship,their bond and all but not ship them.
Did I answer your question?