View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
danvers
Master Fan

it's not about paranormal shows. LG is predictable as a whole. I didn't necessarily think they'd be as uncreative as to pull the soapy girlfriend in a coma storyline, but the intention (have lauren unwillingly "betray" bo again, portray her as somewhat shady and put a dumper on their relationship) is what was obvious and predictable - just as was nadia's demise (and ciara's, for that matter).

aife turning out to be bo's mom is something most fans called the first time she showed up. the same goes for trick and bo being related. everyone is assuming bo's father is the dark king and it makes perfect sense that he is, but for once I'd love to be surprised.

come to think of it, I think bo going "super bo" and sucking the chi of an entire room full of people to save lauren was the first time I actually "wowed" because it was surprising, yes, but most of all, it was a twist that actually added something to the show as opposed to the ordinary plot device used as a shock-value that rarely ever works.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]