View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:52 AM
levan brothers fan 2012
New Fan

Skins ♥ Viewers {general discussion}: Can YOU relate to any of the storylines or characters?

ok so this is my first thread and i didnt really want to make it fancy looking i just wanted to make it for a proper discussion based thread. so here is what im wondering can any of you wonderful members on this skins fan forum relate to any of the characters story lines in skins?
well let me tell you this, i can. well in series 6 as you know alex (this new, weird and wonderful openly gay character) comes into the show and has this lovely sort of friendship with our most troubled liv malone. He opens liv up to a whole new world and meaning of life, he makes her see that after a dear friend dies (in this case our beautiful ballerina grace) its not the end of the world and you can still carry on living their legacy, making them proud up there. then of course near the end of the series our FUN little bundle of love alex has to leave liv to predictably go to thailand, but what he leaves with liv is sheer confidence in her self and the knowing that she will always have love for grace in her heart but she has to get on with her live and make grace proud.
The writer (as discussed with my good friend heimweh) wanted to show us that at this age especially people come in and out of our lives, changing it drastically for the better or worse. Also i think that the writers wanted to use the character alex as a reflection of grace. what i mean is basically grace changes everyone's life especially in series 5 by getting the gang together and showing them what true friendship is. she also does so much for franky and accepts her just the way she is which is a beautiful thing. of course she changed everyones life again in series 6 when she dies. this shows again that people come in and out of your life as quick as anything but can change it drastically. Alex is a reflector of this because he comes into series 6 at an awkward stage but tries to loosen up the gang for the better and show them how to be friend again for grace's sake. he also changes liv's life for the better like i said earlier. but again he goes just as fast as he came (just like grace). thats my theory anyway-tell me what you think of it?
Getting back to the point how this is relatable to me. well not exactly to me but to me existence on this earth. well my mother at the age of 14 met this mysterious half-italian guy called shaun. he was a real STUNNER and was one of her bestfriends and my mother and him had a relationship just like alex and liv, very strong and close. She was devastated when he died in a car crash when she was around 18 i think nearly 19 years of age. this caused her to have a nervous breakdown and become very depressed because he was like the love of her life, she had a real strong bond with him almost like they were partners but they werent sort of thing. so when i was born she named me (because i was a girl) shaunie- this is so she remembers and always has shaun's legacy live in because she loved him and he loved her its so sad how he died too but im glad im his legacy im so glad its a beautiful thing. although i never had the chance to meet shaun i feel as if i know him sort of thing like he's in my heart x like in skins he changed my mothers life and was out of it just as fast as he came into it which is very sad.
what i want to know is do YOU GUYS relate to any of the skins storylines or characters?