View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

I thought that was pretty interesting though to learn more about Rodrigo's youth. Like Della Rovere who was incredibly dedicated to his brother Giovanni, the same was true for Rodrigo and his brother Pedro Luis. I found it also interesting that Calixtus III was a compromise candidate, helped avoid another schism and yet he soon became hated by heaps of people because he was very literate when it came to the law. I also thought it was interesting that he did the best he could to provide his nephew's with a proper education. I would have liked to learn more about Rodrigo's mother and his sister Juana.

So I'm really interested in that part, let me know if you find anything to that regard. I think the most striking episode describing his attractiveness to women was that baptism he attended in Siena and which turned into a scandal that Pius II. scolded him for.

Have you watched the movie "The Conclave"? It's actually really good and give a lot of insight into the election process and how Rodrigo had to fight for his life against the Roman families to even get to attend the conclave and how his brother eventually died. It also has the beginnings of his relationship with Vanozza in it, although I have my doubts that part is true, I think he met her much later.

So yeah, let me know if you find anything on Rodrigo's relationship with his family in Spain, anything on the de Mila and the Lanzol Borgia. That's the sort of entanglement I'm incredibly curious about.

I am still searching for that document/letter in which Della Rovere wrote to Rodrigo from Avignon how truly happy he was about the engagement of Rodrigo's niece to his nephew. I'd really like to find out more about that relationship... perhaps for the purpose of writing something, should my writer's block ever be cured. (That Lucrezia/Sancia smut piece, I promised someone, is so not helping. Feeling the need to keep everyone in character. )

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").