View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

No, he never did and no, I don't think Caterina Sforza was on their radar at that point. I think they merely took a part of Cesare's story and transfered it onto Juan. Like with the Syphilis. While it seems like almost everyone had it at the time, so I wouldn't rule it out that he actually suffered from it, I can't recall any accounts that would give evidence of that.

Two weeks ago we had the show's version of the battle of Fovorno of 1495, so frankly, I don't know where we are in time anymore apart from - probably very close to Juan's death.

They just had Savonarola preach against... everyone/everything last season, I cannot recall them inculding the proclamation of the Florentine republic. However, I think we saw Piero de' Medici in one of the last episodes as he had taken refuge in Rome.

As for Caterina Sforza's love and family life - I cannot see that they pay any attention to depicting that correctly. (Though I do think that Ludovico indeed came to her help in Forlì, I don't know if she had a close relationship with Giovanni - I cannot say I ever read about it anyway. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though!)

Quote:
Who know, maybe the series will end with Cesare Borgia being canonized.
Oh, you mean as it should have been? Yeah, I don't really know - however, one of the showrunners might still have an inkling about history... perhaps, maybe... didn't someone say in an interview that theoretically the series could be extended and go on with Julius II being pope etc.? (Which actually if they don't want to end with Rodrigo's death, must happen.)

I'm increasingly unhappy about the depiction of Della Rovere this season. The whole poisoning plot seems completely out of character for the historical persona.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote