View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM
mellifluouscloud
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Characters who were stronger in S10 were weaker this year. Fiona and Eli sorta lost what makes them great in the second half although since they're headed down some new paths they'll probably bounce back next season.
I will take this 1 step further and say must of the grade 11 and 12 characters are weak. Some are completely unlikeable. I will take this 10 steps further and propose that Degrassi should clean house next season and bring in a whole new crop of kids (plus the current niners). Stop dragging out the school years. But that's not going to happen, so.

It's hard for me to think back on this season because most (all?) episodes I've seen only once and only when they originally aired. My memory is foggy. This is what I remember...

What I liked:
- Holly J, Anya, and Sav in Holly J's hospital bed
- Anya's storyline/sendoff
- Jake, in general
- anything related to KC/Jenna/Ty
- the redemption of Bianca
- Marisol, Mo, and Marisol/Mo
- the niners, especially Maya

Wishlist for season 12:
- Snake being redeemed/treated like a real character again. No clue what happened to him, but I hate it. He used to be so central to this show. I don't care that he's an adult. I don't care if fans will complain and find a Snake plot "boring." GIVE ME SNAKE OR GIVE ME DEATH~
- Bisexual male character
- Suicide
- Betrayal
- More focus on the younger kids and new characters
- Less focus on relationship drama, but since that'll never happen, I'll also accept...
- Relationship abuse that is subtle and dragged out over the course of the season and actually shown to be problematic and not with some obvious "bad" character or anything like that. Preferably the final episode will have a "Viewer Discretion Advised" warning and PSA at the end.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote