View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 AM
ihavealife2uknow
Addicted Fan

Oh boy, I don't even know how I feel about season 11 as a whole.

Underwhelming might be a good word to describe it. I think they need to learn how to include more students in the episodes even if they don't have a plot because in 11.5 there was a lot of character absense. Owen was really underused, along with Bianca and some other characters could definitely had been seen more. The frostival would have been a good time to show more students in the background having fun. Also a one liner about why Wesley never showed up in 11,5 would have been wonderful.

Anyways I think a lot of the individual episodes when I first watch them I think they were decent, but then I think back at that whole block as a whole and it seems like little happened and those aren't exactly episodes I'd go to rewatch if I wanted to watch old eps of Degrassi.

Earlier in this thread I stated what I liked and didn't like about the first half of the season and it was pretty much equal. A lot has changed like I find Clare a lot more tolerable now that her and Jake are done and she dealt with her family problems, and Marisol is tolerable now. 11.5 had some really good individual moments like the original niners coming together, Adam/Drew singing Summer Of '69 etc, but storyline wise I think there is a lot of room for improvement. Especially when it comes to how rushed some of the storylines are (Jacinta/Dave and Katie in particular).

They did a better job in 11.5 with balancing relationships and character storylines though.

Overall both parts of the season had their problems. Part 1 was way too relationship focused and part 2 was too rushed. The season wasn't amazing, the only season I'd probably rank below it is season 1 and maybe season 8 but it was decent and had it's moments.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 05-19-2012 at 05:58 AM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote