Thread: HP News Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Sallyna
Passionate Fan

Iīm not much foward to getting into religious arguments, but I thought I could help with a word.

Iīll say for personal experience that cristianism, witchcraft and Harry Potter are not related at all.

I grew up as a cristian but found myself as a true witch much before HP around. As said before, modern witchcraft has little to do with the potterical world.

Being a witch and a HP addicted fan my job is to enlighten those people that come to witchcraft because of Harry Potter. Not only that but also to pople that see Sabrina, Buffy or movies like The Craft, Practical Magic, etc.

I see Sabrina and Buffy (RIP) as much as I see and love series like Everwood, Gilmore Girls, American Dreams and a lot others that have nothing to do with magic.

We, as HP fans (or even witches) donīt discriminate Cristians or any other religion, we simply donīt like to have people wrtting about things they donīt know and bashing.

If you go to Muggenet.com at the Wall of Shame session youīll see some really funny nonsense people say about Harry Potter, specially comparing to LotR and Religion.

I quote:
Quote:
Dear J.K. Rowling,

I have a very important question! Now you may not want to hear this ..but I really would like if you would send me an email back with the answers to the question I\'m about to ask you. Now , for the questions , What made you want to write about satanic things? What do you have against the Christians ? Why are you making these books to try to turn everyone away from God?!?! Why\'d you make the Christians the bad people? Why do you want your books to be about evil!?! Thank you for your time .. and please email me back

I suppose actually reading the books would be out of the question...
And thatīs just a sample. Not even comparable to some things Iīve read sometime ago.

So, please, try to understand some fans indignation about absurd things people write about HP.