View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 AM
foxyfreds
Fan Forum Hero

Right....let me try and sum this up

Things I liked...

- Jer and Matt continuing to have scenes. YAY.
- Forwood actually managed to get me to love them a bit these last two eps....I have sucky timing
- The flashbacks. All of them were amazing.
- The acting. Everyone was flawless. Stand out moments for me were Nina in the underwater scenes...that must have been SO HARD. And Ian's face when Ric died, knowing what that meant.
- They still continue to describe DE in the way that I see them at least. The all consuming love is exactly what I want them to be
- At least Ric sort of got to die in Damon's arms...

Things I didn't like...

WHERE DO I BEGIN

Ok...

- Alaric is dead. I've known it would happen since Matt got his new show. But I still hate it.

- But on top of that...NOBODY IS EVER REALLY DEAD ON THIS SHOW AND IT SUCKS. Like....how are we ever supposed to feel any emotional impact? I mean...we've basically got the promise of ghost Alaric now...and Klaus didn't die...and did Tyler die? WHO KNOWS.

- Klaus didn't die. Scratch that...NONE OF THE ORIGINALS DIED. It's not even that I don't like them. It's just that I'm sick of them being the focus. The show needs to move onto something else. Klaus has been the villain for a season and a half already, and he will continue to be the villain in S4? Jeez.

- Klaus in Tyler's body. IF HE SLEEPS WITH CAROLINE. IT WILL BE THE GROSSEST THING OF ALL THE GROSS THINGS.

- Did Bonnie kill Tyler? Nobody in here seems to think that...you all seem to think Tyler is alive...is there a reason for that? (My stream died on me at the end) Because if Bonnie DID kill Tyler, then WTF character assasination. As if she killed a friend I hope you'll be able to calm my fears over this one at least

- Elena turning. Yes, I knew it would happen eventually. But I just did not want it yet. And it wasn't shocking to me at all. Elena turning would only have been a shock if she CHOSE to turn one day. Yes...it does open up new opportunities...but I still think we've gone there too soon.

- Triangle wise...I will hold my hands up and say that I 100% believed that this season was building up to Elena choosing Damon, and then something would come between them. But her choosing Stefan isn't actually my issue at the moment. The writers are clearly just postponing and postponing....my issue was DEs phonecall scene. 'I care about you.' She actually loves him. Like....she does....JP (lol) has confirmed that she does...whatever sort of love we each believe it to be...as if she wouldn't tell Damon that if she though he was going to die?

It's unbelievable. Honestly...the writing for the triangle was abysmal in this ep, and I don't really see why either side should be that happy. I thought the triangle was going to cool down next season...but it's clearly just going to start right back up again. SE will be together again....DE will have moments....hopefully Damon will 'move on' because when DE happen in the future, it will have to be Elena pursuing him after all this.

But it's like....they should have just stuck with one or the other. I won't go into it any more because I'm rambling and won't make sense. But IMO, DE are endgame...but I no longer trust the writers to give me the journey that I believe in. And it has ALWAYS been about the journey for me.

So yeah....maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow I just really wasn't shocked by anything. The only two things that shocked me were when Ric staked Klaus and I thought he was genuinely dead for good...and when Elena said 'I care about you' to Damon

EDIT: Agreed with you guys! Elena wasn't compelled to love Stefan. After the crash, she needed a different sort of love...and that's what she got from Stefan. The whole point of that scene was that now Elena has turned...she'll want different things. That safe, comforting love won't be enough for her anymore. But for a vamp with heightened emotions, an all consuming love will be appealing. SE will be together for a while...but anyone that thinks that DE won't be together after is ignoring facts.

Which is why I think the writers are screwing us all over