View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Touldengal
Elite Fan

i dont see it as a sad moment at all, but i also dont think damon compelled her to fall in love with stefan.
he may have compelled her to be strong enough to break up with matt and let herself love again though.

that scene showed that she was completely fascinated and smitten by damon. he already weaseled his way into her head and then took it away from her.

he then confessed his love to her years later and then in a selfless act, took the memory away because he knew it wasnt something she needed to hear and it wasnt the right time for her to hear it. he just needed to say it. she doesnt know these things happened. she doesnt remember the stranger she met in the middle of the street or the way he made her feel. but now she will remember and her "choice" will not be as easily made anymore.

i think they are just recreating a damon/stefan/katherine triangle in the modern days, but i also feel like it will turn out the opposite where she will ultimately choose damon, just to contrast between the two triangles. jmo though.