View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM
bethanyr
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe1990 (View Post)
Wow - great find. I tell you - I wouldn't have wanted to be Kevin's date to that event. Poor Raphaella! :-)

Those are good points. There is just no good way to publicly announce that you had an affair, even an affair with your divinely appointed match. If that is indeed the truth (and I think is is, because the alternate "she was my Sean Connery" explanation makes exactly zero sense) - then everything suddenly falls into place: the electric chemistry, the 90s interviews and multiple professions of love, the absence at the wedding, the 2000s interviews and multiple professions of love, the initial refusal to make a statement after her death because "he wanted to keep his relationship with Whitney private," (for me, the biggest clue of all) followed by his selection by Cissy to give the eulogy, the content and delivery of the eulogy, his statements in interviews after the eulogy (everything from "IWALY was the score to our lives together" to, yes, "she was just like Gene Hackman") - to me, ALL of this is only explained by a man who was in love with a woman and wants to acknowledge that love, but doesn't want to - can't - reveal the precise nature of their relationship. And notice that the "backtracking" comments tend to follow an interview when he comes pretty close to acknowledging the relationship. That Kevin, he's nothing if not predictable!
I agree that the not releasing a statement in order to keep their relationship private was the biggest clue. And about the date that night! I imagine he only had eyes for Whitney!