View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 AM
casual observer
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha777 (View Post)
...Maybe the tour is winding down now - and he won't be in the public eye for a while, but I think it is not cool for anyone to say that he should stop doing whatever he is doing. He is a man of God. He knows what he is doing - and if he was so grief stricken - he wouldn't be able to tour in the first place. Touring probably helps him to cope. As it pertains to his comments, he needs to own all of them. He doesn't need to take anything back - because he doesn't live for anyone but himself. As long as he doesn't think he is stepping wrong is all that matters. He can't please everyone - and he shouldn't even try. We just don't know the extent of what he is feeling. He isn't going to tell those reporters all of his secrets. And why would he come out with his TRUTH to anyone having to do with Whitney? He says what he says - and that is that. He can't come out and say - "We absolutely did have a relationship during the BG and after it." What is he supposed to say? He said what he said in his Eulogy and he can never take it back - and I don't think he wants to. He is walking on egg shells - because he is married - and he has to remember that.

We also can't forget that his name was thrown up in Whitney's face about 48 hours before her passing. He doesn't know that some of us know that. Someone knew that they were in touch. One would have to be a little slow not to realize that because that person threw up Kev's name in Whit's face means that that person knew that she and Kev were in contact - and it had to be because of telephone calls and texts. What is that about? Does this mean that they were still in touch? Why? It was mainly because they did have a forever bond - and they still had a friendship and relationship. Of course we know that they weren't in constant contact over the years, but believe me - Kev tried to keep in touch with Whit all the way up until he married again. He was keeping out hope that she would leave that clown Bobby. Even through dating someone like Elle McPherson - and whomever else - his heart still burned very strongly for Whitney. That never changed and still hasn't changed. She felt the same way.
I agree that of the string of women he dated after his divorce (including his current wife) none of them held a candle to Whitney in terms of having the whole package. He had made the statement about Elle MacPherson that he'd 'found his equal' in her indicating that the combination of achievement and beauty was something he was seeking in a woman--but unlike Elle MacPherson--the closest thing he had found to that ideal (besides Whitney that is)--Whitney also had talent in addition to everything else. That was something Elle and others in his life simply never had.

About them remaining in touch: I don't know if someone else already brought this up--here is an event from 1998 that I found:

Title:
Cipriani Concert And Dinner Series With A Performance By Whitney

Caption: E 341843 005 11/18/98 New York City Cipriani Concert And Dinner Series With A Performance By Whitney Houston. Kevin Costner And Raphaella Berge (Photo By Arnaldo Magnani/Getty Images)
Date created: 18 Nov 1998

New York City Cipriani Concert And Dinner Series With A… News Photo | Getty Images | 51061371

Quote:

I watched most of Wyatt Earp the other day - and he never had that kind of attraction/chemistry with any other actress he co-starred with like he did with Whit. The movie Message in a Bottle - was the same way. I personally think that he knew better than to even try to match or top the romance he had with Whitney. And when watching any of his movies post BG - I always feel as if he was speaking to Whit at some point - as she was never far from his thoughts - and he hoped that she would catch all of his films.
I tried to watch those same two movies this weekend--just could not get into them at all. After Whitney died, I tried to also watch the other films of his they were airing--in addition to Wyatt Earp and Message in a Bottle, I've tried to watch (but couldn't get into because they were so boring): Rumor Has It, The Untouchables, Robin Hood, The Guardian, The Postman, Silverado. I don't think I spent more than 5 or 10 minutes on any of them--especially the last two--omg--yawn...channel was changed literally in less than 2 minutes. I find watching the stock ticker on CNBC and Ben Bernanke's press conferences infinitely more appealing. So far the only films of his I've watched in their entirety are The Bodyguard and Tin Cup--both of which I saw only after Whitney's death. I actually really really liked Tin Cup for some reason--thought it was hysterical--and also it had my 80's crush Don Johnson in it---yum.....love him....anyway--you're right from what I've seen, none of the movies I saw any part of so far had that on-screen chemistry between Costner and the leading ladies that he shared with Whitney. None of the sparkle in his eyes that couldn't be concealed. Not even Tin Cup with the drop-dead beauty Rene Russo.

Quote:

To me, if one keeps the Memories DOC and the Forever Painting in mind always - one will never have any doubts on what he felt from back in 1992 - to the DOC from 2005 (release) - and up until seeing them together in 2008 (Ali tribute) - and up until the funeral. The stuff he is saying now is just filler. Please give him a break - and let him say what he wants when he wants. It is not hurting us - and he is a big boy - as he knows how to handle his method to his madness. He may be getting scattered at times - but so what? Again, who is he hurting? Let him do it the way he does it - because we can't do anything about it - except to not watch any of his interviews ever again.
Well, he's confusing us to no end and it's as if it's a game of 'he loves me, he loves me not'. He's being inconsistent in his words and actions, and that calls everything he says and does regarding Whitney into question and causes a distrust amongst the public because you don't know what to believe from him. But you're right--we have to let him disclose things in his own way and time--and that time may be never and we have to understand that and respect his wishes. But I think that's where he's better off just saying something like 'out of respect for Whitney I wish to keep our friendship private' or something similar...

Quote:
I think they most definitely made love - and more than once. They had a romance - and everyone on set knew it. Kevin was a virile man with a huge desire for Whitney. He was from the old school - and would have seduced her with tenderness and skill. There is no way they were thrashing around on the bed in a hungry way - and he just accepted that that was as close as he would get. Please! I think the reason those sex scenes - and the aforementioned one in particular were left on the cutting room floor - is because at that point, they had already done it. They'd already been intimate - and because they had - it would have been reflected in their actions.

... They couldn’t hide love - but they could hide the fact that they were being INTIMATE. What were they supposed to confess during, right after - three years later - ten years later up until her last 48 hours? Were they supposed to blurt out - "Kevney had an affair?" NOT! They had to always hide it - as it was not something that was appropriate to share. It wasn't then - and it's not now. I can't understand how some can't grasp that simple fact (and I mean from people all over the world). What were they supposed to share with the world about a forbidden affair?
Good points--it was and is their private moment and he is trying--like the gentleman he is--to keep it that way and to honor her wishes as well no doubt. But he needs to remember that there is a difference between denying something and simply choosing to not disclose it. While he's under no obligation to disclose that which he wishes to remain private, he shouldn't deny its occurrence either. Just defer comment tactfully--so people might talk--they're going to speculate regardless at this point and he loses credibility when he gives conflicting information.