View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Mavonne
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve Levine (View Post)
Did you watch the follow up movie Serenity? It's a good movie and it ties up the loose ends of the Firefly story.

These whispers of Forrest Whittaker are doing nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant, but he's another Shield alum, so he's like the safest of safe choices.

I wondered if the "don't like it, don't read it" authors had themselves been blasted by angry fangirls for not giving the reader what they wanted. I don't know, it's weird.
Yes, I've seen Serenity and liked it except for two events. I was like, "Wha-? So the dynamic is ruined for the upcoming films!" But there haven't been any and I don't think there will be. And I wasn't satisfied with Mal and Inara. There were hints that the relationship would be developed but those hints were crumbs. Fanfic is my only recourse now. *le sigh* FOX, I'm coming to get you! Okay, I'm calm again....

Eve, I think you're right about those authors probably being on the tail end of rabid fans' abuse, but I'd rather not offend rational prospective readers by going on the defensive in the summary.

Oh, and I love Forrest Whitaker but I'm not feeling him for this role either.