View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Eve Levine
Dedicated Fan

Those are great pics from that other show! Her hair is amazing! But that's nothing new, it always looks fabulous.

Bree- That blurb does seem pretty ominous. I'm really trying not to think too hard about Tara's future. I was pretty crushed when Tara's hand was damaged because I thought it took away from the character the one thing that was uniquely hers that didn't stem from Jax's life. But they way they spun her grief and rage, going to a place where Jax seemed a little worried about her sanity, was interesting to watch. I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty angsty season for the two of them, but every season for them (except maybe season 2) has been angsty, so again I'm going to try and go along for the ride. Maybe season 5 Tara will be as surprising as she was in "To Be Act 1" when she shocked the hell out of Jax and Gemma by offering them Clay's murder weapon. An unhinged Tara could be a pretty interesting one.

ETA: Mav!

Quote:
And I freaking loved Firefly which I didn’t even discover until almost 10 years after it had been cancelled. I was enraged after watching the fourteenth episode and knowing there were no more. I will never forgive FOX for this. Never.
Me neither. I'll never forgive FOX. Did you watch the follow up movie Serenity? It's a good movie and it ties up the loose ends of the Firefly story.

And you know, I just wrote a whole paragraph about trying to be okay with the fallout of Tara's hand damage, but yeah, I would like to see them laughing and enjoying themselves as well.

And yes, Idris Elba for the win! I am all aboard that train. These whispers of Forrest Whittaker are doing nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant, but he's another Shield alum, so he's like the safest of safe choices.

Quote:
I noticed something a tad disconcerting in ff.net. Why do some authors say “Don’t like it, don’t read it” in their summary? It sounds downright hostile and unwelcoming even if a reader is willing to give a different ship or a different kind of story a chance. I’ve got an SOA story in mind that I started daydreaming about and it seems to have some unpopular “-isms”, garystu/marysue elements, some character deaths and a rather farfetched ending. It might be a crackfic. I’m thinking it would be fun for me to write – although I’m not sure how much fun it would be for someone to read! And while I’d give some kind of warning that the fic might be weird, I would never say after summaring “Don’t like it, don’t read it.” I think it’s rude. Okay, I had to vent that.
I agree that is totally rude to put in the summary of a fic. I've never read a single fic with that in the summary. It just puts me off. On the flip side, I've seen authors completely blasted in their reviews because they didn't fully indicate where they were straying from canon and where they were not, and the reader ended up feeling ripped off. In the one time I investigated Twilight fanfic there was a Bella/Jasper fic at the top and I came upon a review of the story calling the author a bad person who was "cruel" and had no respect for fans of the Bella/Jasper pairing because at one point in the fic, Jasper sleeps with Alice (who is his canon soulmate). It was really over the top and I haven't looked at another since. After reading that, I wondered if the "don't like it, don't read it" authors had themselves been blasted by angry fangirls for not giving the reader what they wanted. I don't know, it's weird.

Last edited by Eve Levine; 04-29-2012 at 09:13 AM