View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM
ScarletCourt
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoyue (View Post)
I'm not really sure in what capacity Sybil will be working in S3. No matter what happened historically (ie woman getting fired once they were pregnant, low wages and long hours), JF will probably do whatever he wants to suit where he wants to take the characters. After all, there were plenty of historical inacurracies regarding Sybil's nursing in S2, so if he wants to have Sybil working while pregnant and with small children he will find a way to do it, regardless of whether or not it actually happened in 1920.
No doubt JF will make it whichever way he wants. lol. After all he figured that Sybil could become a nurse based on the skills she gained as VAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoyue (View Post)
scarletcourt in regards to your list as to why Sybil married Branson and not some liberal minded aristo or upper middle class guy, I got the impression that part of it is b.c Sybil doesn't really believe in the class system in which she was raised. When Robert told Branson to address Sybil as "Lady Sybil" in ep 8, she called it "nonsense" and I remember hearing (though for the life of me I can't remember where) that JBF once commented that she thinks Sybil feels almost "embarrassed" having been raised in the lifestyle that she was.
You have a point about the "nonsense" line in 2x08. But before that we don't hear her dismissing her class at all. Interesting the JBF comment. I don't recall hearing about it before, but then I'm sure that I've not seen all her interview.

My vote for sex is Boy.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 04-25-2012 at 04:52 PM Reason: Just realized I missed a [QUOTE] tag