View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Orber123
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
Glad to know I'm not the only one. His voice is really sexy.

You bring up the good point of miscasting. Sometimes VA's are put in the wrong roles, just like in live action shows and movies. It happens.

Good luck in putting the tape together. I'm an actor, and I'm trying to become a VA too, in general, not necessarily in anime. Which is why I guess I'm defending dubbing. More work for actors is a good thing, IMO.
Yeah, miscasting can happen a lot. ::cough::Keanu Reeves::cough:: Not to say I don't love him, 'cause I do, but Constantine!? WTF!? But that's OT...

Thanks for the luck--I'll probably need it. VA is important. Dubbing isn't all there is too it, there's TV commercials, radio, movies, etc. It's a big field, and I agree with you: anything that promotes more work for actors is fine by me...so good luck with that.

The Cowboy Bebop sub wasn't bad...it just didn't work as well for me. I also like the Wolf's Rain dub better, but that's 'cause I heard it first. And I adore Crispin Freeman. He played Tsume. He's also Alucard in Hellsing, and a bunch of other roles. He's pretty prolific in our dub industry, he's in almost everything...

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Orber123 is offline   Reply With Quote