View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
malaguetta
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Sebastian Roche is good and I liked that it was a largely positive portrayal of Gawain. I thought Sam Neil was good as Merlin, but I wasn't so thrilled with the actor playing the young Merlin. Guinevere is played by Lena Headey who plays Cersei in Game of Thrones. She's always good. She's one of the best choices for Guinevere, but they didn't give her much to do. I found Quen Mab to be an utter pain. I can't stand the way she talks. And the way they defeated her in the end was totally juvenile. The film has something to it, but it also has considerable seriously lame elements. Cheryl can't stand it, I think.
I felt sorry for Sam Neill. Okay, the check cleared and he's a working actor. I've always felt that he's somewhat underrated as an actor; he's always good. Still, he came off better than Helena Bonham Carter. What was that mess of Morgan le Fay she got to play. She deserved better. Lena Headey was a really well-cast Guinevere -- I wished she'd had more to do. Like HBC, she was all dressed up with no real part to play. I have liked Martin Short -- except not in this. Miranda Richardson (Queen Mab) can be an effective dramatic actress (Tom and Viv); I'd say she was miscast but no one deserved that part. This was so bad the next best character after Merlin was Rupert the talking horse!!!