View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Conway1
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I'm still giggling at those photos. I love how he said, "I don't even have one of these!"

Interesting article that came out: Cinematic Reunion: Ethan Makes the Call for Five Big Screen Returns | FirstShowing.net

People are really hungry for those Ducks, aren't they? What I wonder though, since Disney sold the Ducks to private investors as a hockey team, how would that be in regards to another installment to the franchise? I don't know the legalities of it all, but is it possible they sold the rights in their entirety? So no more future movies?
Yeah, when Disney sold the Mighty Ducks franchise to the Samueli's, I'm not sure if the movies/merchandise were part of it. I know Disney is still selling Mighty Ducks DVDs, so it's possible only the team itself was part of the deal. Henry Samueli dropped the "Mighty" from the team name and even was involved with changing the arena from Arrowhead Pond to Honda Center. Since there is technically no "Mighty Ducks" hockey team name anymore, I don't see any legal red tape that would prohibit Disney or another studio from making a remake or sequel.