View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
BelleStarr
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadbuttrue
Thank you for keeping me & my family in your prayers.

I've been watching the news non-stop hoping for good information, but not so. THe National news can only touch a little bit of each region effected by the storm. The local news tells a much sadder picture.

Some of my family members are staying at my uncles truck stop near Lafayette, louisiana. It's quite crowded. About 12 people & 3 dogs. We were all crowded around the TV watching helecopter fly over New Orleans. There were tears shed and prayers said.

We could only see the roofs of houses in my grandmothers neighborhood....all those family pictures are now gone
Southern Yacht club where we have Christmas Dinner went up in flames.

Then the worse news came that the Levee holding in the 17th street canal broke....about 2 hundred feet. This is what flooded my house. My cousin lives 1 mile away from me....she stayed in New Orleans. We haven't heard from her since early yesterday morning. She had 2 feet of water in her raised home then. Keep her in your prayers that she was able to be rescued.

The storm has devestated the city. We just don't know when we will be able to go back. .....or what we will find.

The people who made it out of New Orleans and MS are more fortunate than the poor souls who stayed. Now we are all struggling to come to terms with our changed lives. Even finding a place to stay is hard. All hotels in Louisiana are filled and even places as far as Houston & little Rock are booked. And if you have pets.....your places to stay are even more limited.

I wish I could tell you guys better news....but right now my spirits are pretty low and all I want to do is

Thanks for all the prayers. THey do help.

I just thought I'd bring this post over from SBT. Some of you met her at the BAT

My prayers go out to all those who have been devastated by Katrina and I'm glad to hear behrfanny is doing okay without severe damage. I hope the rest will report in and are doing well.

-Belle