View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Skinsfan
Fan Forum Hero

Again I disagree, Lauren. Naomily may have had different type of angst at times, but they did not in any way have more than Jemma IMO. Jemma had so many issues, it just went from one thing to another every few episodes. I don't see them as more loving or less angsty than Naomily in anyway they just had more screentime so had more time for coupley moments, but they didn't have anything that Naomily didn't get, other than singing And Jemma did get to ugly places at times, just because one didn't cheat didn't mean they didn't have ugly times and moments with each other. IMO Jemma had too much angst at times, and I was sometimes tired of the amount of problems thrown at them, and it got a bit 'oh not again'. I didn't think Naomily did have too much angst, I thought what they got was realistic. I personally preferred Naomily's ending, angst and all to Jemma's, which I found a bit of a downer because it was overshadowed by Jenny's parents deaths. Naomily's I found liberating and happy. But it's all down to personal opinion and taste. Something we won't fully agree on

I don't think Jemma are a perfect romance. Naomily weren't perfect either, but it doesn't matter. Because both made each other better people, and they both got through all their problems because they loved each other. I'm not bothered neither were perfect, because no couple are, what's important is they were believable as couples, and they were a good love stories. I just want a lesbian couple to show real love, I don't need them to be angst free. Angst can actually add to a storyline because it can prove how strong a couple are. That is what both storylines did, they proved their love They aren't the same storyline or couple by a longshot. IA with Jess that they shouldn't really be compared, but I don't think it's true to say Naomily had more angst, not after I have just finished watching all of Jemma's It was no smooth ride for either of these couples.

Last edited by Skinsfan; 03-29-2012 at 08:31 PM