View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
roswellcharmed_2000
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
They had the main couple hug and give an ILY at the end of the episode(very dramatically, I might add...his little speech still gets to me to this day). They did kiss earlier in the episode, but it was more of a goodbye kiss since they thought they'd never see each other again.

I guess it was just done in a way that you felt they were back together now--like they were so relieved to be together again and the worst was over. That's how I took it at the time, anyway, and I was actually surprised when it showed him working to win her back in the next season premiere. I made sense, I guess, since they had a ton of stuff to work through that didn't just go away because the obstacles were gone. Of course, it kind of feels like this show is having Stefan/Elena sort out their problems now, instead of after they reunite.

It's kind of a delima, isn't it. On the one hand, part of me wants them to save the kiss for the big reunion, because it would be that much more powerful. On the other hand, there's always a chance we won't have a full-blown reunion, and I don't want us to go an entire season without an S/E kiss. Keeping that in mind, Julie's 'lots of kissing' and 'making up for lost time' quotes make it sound like at least some of those kisses are going to be S/E, and I'm certainly not going to complain about it.
You just referenced Max and Liz which means that I love you. One of my favorite couples ever, haha.

The thing that Damon never understands with Stefan is how much the guilt weighs on him. Stefan was so caring and wanting to help people when he was alive and when you're like that, you always want to help people even when you're a vampire. Of course sometimes Stefan can't because he's a freaking vampire so he feels even more guilty than a normal person would. He knows he's using and taking advantage of a human being like they don't matter- its how he ended up a vampire in the first place. Damon, on the other hand, wanted to be a vamp and didn't need to be compelled to drink Katherine's blood. So he just thinks that if the person survives and doesn't remember afterwards what's the harm of it?