View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Holland Fan Forever
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavealife2uknow (View Post)
I don't necessarily think these seniors have it better than 2011's because we got to watch 2011's characters grow in 4.5 seasons. I can agree that the writers favored Holly J and Anya over Sav, but we had a lot more time to watch Holly J go from bitchy girl-nice girl, Anya go from Holly J's sidekick-a lot more self confident, Riley go from denying being gay- ready to be out, and Sav going from the boy who couldn't stand up to his dad to someone who's a bit more assertive with him. Their transformation felt natural.

Fiona, Eli and Drew have gotten plenty of development but the other 5 haven't had much and unless some of these characters get held back then the writers will only have the remaining half of this season and the first half of season 12 to tell their story. The 5 others will have about as much development as Johnny, Jane, Bruce etc. had in the end.
The issue that I saw over and over again with the 2011 seniors is that as soon as Holly J wasn't involved in a storyline that the writers seemed to lose interest in the other character. I think that Sav and Riley were two of the most underused and underdeveloped characters on the show and that the writers spent a really long time with both of them dealing with the same issue for over three years and by the time there was finally a decision made one way or another about the direction of Sav and Riley's storylines that it was really way too little, way too late to put it simply. I thought that Anya's exit storyline could've been a lot better but in the she just got upstaged by both Fiona and Holly J, I always knew that we weren't going to have Katie, Imogen and Jake as long as we could've and even though she's been on the show longer the writers show no indication of giving Marisol her own storyline without Katie. I thought that despite being on the show for four years that I just wasn't attached to the 2011 seniors who've left minus Holly J. I thought that the class of 2011 had a lot of potential storylines that were just dropped or ignored all together.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote