View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Davros did get announced but like two or three weeks before the episode. Also you could kinda see him in the trailer though- would that be a spoiler to say its almost certainly him? Also, and this is my last question, what if an actor says something out of turn or tweets details or whatever? Cos I seem to remember there was a photo of Dalton, Simm and Tennant all in costume on set post months and months from some guy working on the show via his twitter page. Not official from the BBC nor Moffatt, but someone else on the show. Would this be a spoiler?

Sorry for all the questions- I only joined here 9 months ago and started posting here off-season and the only other board I post on is 24, which is obviously on the Past TV section so haven't experienced the whole spoiler rule thing yet so cheers for clarifying
It's okay, I'm sure the FF spoiler rules are a bit new to other people too, so I thought it was worth going through them. I don't really want to be overly picky about this either, but I try to stay unspoiled myself.

Stuff that comes from actors on the show but isn't officially sanctioned by the production team is a bit of a grey area, but generally I'd consider it a spoiler. One would hope though that people involved with the show wouldn't be doing things like that, the production team is pretty careful about what details they release and when.

If something was in the trailer, that's not a spoiler. So, for example, if there was even a hint in the trailer that Davros might be involved, it's not a spoiler to speculate that Davros will return. It IS a spoiler to say you know for certain Davros will be back because you saw a picture someone unofficially posted of him on set.

If anyone is really unsure whether something is a spoiler, at minimum use spoiler tags.