View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
dreamywriter19
Master Fan

I found an analysis of this scene on tumblr.

Quote:
Things I love about this scene:

1. Elijah pulls the alpha male card. Unlike a lot of the other vamps and bads on this show, Elijah never lets on how absolutely freaking dangerous he is until he feels he has to! I mean, he gets Rebekah running off with five words okay. A glimpse, that is Elijah showing an alpha male card, how bad ass is that! All other faves needs to back it up with a scary face, blood, and threats. And probably an army.
2. How hilarious he always finds the idea of someone challenging him. Daniel Gillies has the perfect delivery for those things.
3. How unbothered he is about Bex calling him pathetic and so obviously referring to Elena! He takes a minute in the second to last gif all, ‘hm, that didn’t go well, do I care - wait, no.’ and then is all confident and smiling again.
4. How bothered he is about Bex calling him pathetic and so obviously referring to Elena! He takes a minute in the second to last gif all, ‘crap crap crap annoying little sister tattling to my crushes god why’ (only more elegantly put) and then covers it up and prays to god Elena will play along with how obvious he feels he is right now. Seriously that lip thing he does at the end of the second gif? POKERFACE: :|
5. (and most important) He is totally checking her out in the last gif. He looks her up and down and is damn pleased.
6. Come on, he was either following Bex or he was following Elena. GOSH I WONDER WHICH. I would not be surprised if Elijah has been holding off approaching her until he had the perfect dramatic entrance. He wants her off balance, he wants her on his side. (Honestly I would not be surprised either if this flawless magnificent bastard had engineered trolling Bex to disobey Mom and go after Elena just so he could do this.)
7. ELENA’S HOPEFUL LITTLE FACE. Has she been wondering if he’d ever come to her? Has she been missing him, and it’s really hitting her now she know he’s walking around? BECAUSE SHE’S LEGIT SWOONING.
8. Bex probably grudgingly ships it. Hey it frees up Stefan! (And Damon now I guess. Damn, you get it gurl.)

Credit