View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 AM
RyeLyn
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
BUT I was not pleased seeing Kalinda let herself get slapped by Dana. This was soooooo out of character, and the writer wasn't the usual TGW team, so perhaps this is why the slap didn't seem real to Kalinda's nature. It looked like something out of Dynasty with Joan Collins.
I partly agree with you, and partly don't . I think Kalinda's reaction was in character for Kalinda in Season 3, but kinda out of character for Kalinda in S2&1. And, Kalinda in S3 and Kalinda in S2&1 are different.. (Apology for the bumbling ) I mean, I can see her difference after the break with Alicia, she became less hostile than she was in S2 (remember what she did to Blake?), even she hadn't hooked up with anyone in S3 until now. She became more gentle and tender since season 3, didn't she? She was like SuperWoman back in season 1 and half of season 2!

I think the writers changed their strategy with this character somehow. Do you remember back in Season 1, Kalinda and Alicia went out together, and Kalinda shouted "Ass!" to someone, and told Alicia "it's good for your soul" (which is awesome), but we didn't hear her saying dirty words a lot since than, right? The only word I can recall is that "Darn" with Eli.

Just some random thoughts~

Quote:
You play, you lose. Dana tried to play her, she got played.
What I couldn't understand was why she was so angry and "heartbroken"? She forgot what she did to threaten Kalinda? And the jail thing? You forgot that one, Dana? It's a game, and you lost it, no need to be angry at all. The Season 2 Kalinda would have kicked your ass!

Last edited by RyeLyn; 01-31-2012 at 09:25 AM