View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 AM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

Beautiful photoset Their journey through the years.

Quote:
The ship wars with this fandom were horrible. It turned me off from getting actively involved in another fandom. But that aside, even some LPers had issues with s4. Some loved it, some hated it. I like the scenes more now than I did at the time. Sometimes reading multiple opinions taints your own view of a show/ship. Some people felt like they were too cheesy (LP and anti-LP fans), but LP had come so far by that point I thought it was well deserved. Besides, after seeing how Peyt was with Jake in s2...it was pretty much canon that Peyt is that way in a relationship. Luke was always a cheeseball so I expected that from him
I totally understand what you mean here I too happened to participate in few generally problematic and also very passionate fandoms and the debates tended to get heated to the point where people would act immature and rude to each other, forgetting ships and characters and transferring their feelings towards fictional stuff to other shippers and fans. It sort of put me off participating in a lot of fandoms and when it comes to OTH I was never really active, never posted my thoughts anywhere other than on FF and even here I tend to just type out my thoughts and silently leave without getting into debates. Too much for my nerves

As for S4 LP honestly I adored everything about them there. How it was built up from them just wanting to be together in the beginning to realizing they can't live without one another and finally getting together and all that cheese seemed very tasty to me and well deserved considering everything they went through. I have major issues with S5 and honestly wish it never happened but it couldn't ruin LP for me, because in S6 they came back to being the way I loved them again. OTH writers tend to do a lot of contrived and ridiculous things in order to add more drama, but at least they know where to stop before everything is ruined beyond repair.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline   Reply With Quote