View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 PM
dogtired
Part-Time Fan

its the the small differences that count

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In leonard Hypothesis of what would happen he makes several errors that are poiunted out but subtle. In the hypothesis it is always Leonard thinking what would happen.
When he asks here out she looked shocked and resigned when she says yes, he thinks she will be hesitant. When he does it for real she asks him if he thought it out and smiles happily when he yes but they should do it anyway.

In the hypothesis he thinks it would be Bernie who whould want to double date and in the end its Amy.

He thinks that Penny will be nervous about going but she has picked out a short sexy dress, thinking that marriage at 9 months along and decides that contraception is required. If that's not a sign she thinks they will end up in bed nothing is.

Maybe leonard has learned something about himself too, he dosen't always need to be right, and finding a meaningful way to communicate is key to their future. The whole bug list to communicate.

He also assumed that she would never think he would leave her. When over the last two season we've seen how miserable Penny is without him. Who will worry more about it, (" leonard will get boared with me", Teach me something about physics so I can talk to Leoanrd about his work", "I should have never left Leonard."

Penny hasn't had a real relationship since Leonard, but Leonard seems to be pretty desirable, so his own self esteem is a little low.

So for all you Lenny folks things are looking up.

They are essentially a couple at the end of the 100th, we just never see the date. But go right to working on their relationship in 101.