View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Lor-baby
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugz
Interesting, I'd think people would be more than enthralled with Pacey and Joeys drama given the fac tthat it was blatantly signifying their end which I remembr certain fans counting the days until. That said their end was done so horribly that I suppose it couldve been considered contrived or eye rolling, but boring, Ive never heard.

In fact, I used to like the end of season 4 but the more I go through the episodes the more I think it was so forced and contrived and arced out horribly, this episode included.

I also dont think that Joey tws nearly as bad all season as she was in this episode, this episode was the worst to me. She had shown signs of selfishness all season but there were also a lot of times where she was there for other people, Pacey especially. This episode was just appalling to me though.
Well to me Joey's decline began in season 2 and just increased every season more,until it reached a point (season 6) in which she was almost unbereable to watch to me. I didn't like her very much in season 4. Especially after the first half of the season...but then again I agree that this one was one of the worst episode for her character.
I found her pretty annoying more than once during season 4 and with her, her relationship with Pacey. That was what I was referring to before when I said DRAMA.
I think that the drama,the angst or whatever you wanna call it, for this couple began very soon. It annoyed me how every episode was about them fighting over the same things and making puppy eyes at each other at the very end.
It also bothered me a lot the way Pacey's character was handled while he was with Joey. Always so so insecure and at times even possessive...It was a bit out of character and also annoying to watch,at least for me.At the end of the season I really was bored by them...maybe "bored" isn't even the right word...I'd say "annoyed". Once is intersting,twice is fine, three times it's ok, four times "I can stand it" but after the fifth ..Kill me now! The wirters were recycling the same problems (Dawson,college,different personalities etc.) over and over again with Pacey and Joey throughout the whole season 4. Everytime it seemed like they had resolved something but in the following episode you were all "Here we go again,and again and again...".
I agree that the final episodes of the P/J drama were interesting to watch ( most of all because Pacey and Joey 's process of breaking up was followed by the Dawson and Gretchen's one and by Dawson and Joey getting closer. So it all was keeping the fans tuned to see what was going to happen:will pacey and joey get back together? Will they break up for good? Will something happen btw Dawson and Joey? etc.) but after an entire year of watching these two fighting over the same things again and again allow me to feel a little annoyed by it all.