View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM
kools
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)

I'm starting to warm to our Lincoln a bit more. Still not sure what to make of Olivia, tbh. I want to like her, but.... something just isn't sitting right with her for me, personally. Which made the whole, "You're going to die," message feel like it missed the mark. I feel like if it was really our Olivia, the one I'd grown to know for 3 years, such a premonition of her fate would have slayed me. But since I'm still trying to warm up to this new timeline Olivia, it didn't have that same impact. I hope September is okay, though.
Yeah, i agree. This version of Olivia is just like what Peter always says "It's not my Olivia.". Not to say the revelation didn't have some power, its just it didn't effect me the way it would have if it were OUR Olivia. The one we've seen grow into vulnerable woman. If it was said to our Olivia, I would have been scared for her. But since it isn't, I feel as detached from her as I do from Walter. So it didn't resonate. And I didn't feel anything when September said it.

What's really interesting is seeing the Alt-Characters in a new light. In this timeline, no one is carrying that anger and rage that they did in the original timeline. Since Peter was declared dead much, much sooner, they let go. And seeing this human side to Walternate, makes me look at the S3 finale in a new light. Peter really was the ultimate Judas. He chose the other universe. Abandoned his real family. Then ultimately killed his mother, his son, the mother of his son, and his entire world. What makes it so complicated is that Walternate started it. Really deep stuff.

I also think the reason I really like the Alternate characters is that they are actually nice to Peter, LOL. They are the first characters this season who openly embrace Peter. I agree with everyone else, Peter and Elizabeths scenes were really sweet and touching.

Last edited by kools; 01-14-2012 at 07:47 PM