View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Snarky Susan
Master Fan

"You're welcome.", Susan softly said, pausing for a while before lovingly looking at her new love and uttering, "Liz."

Susan felt the blood rushing towards her cheeks. Never in a million years had she had someone treat her like this. She has had several relationships with men before, even got engaged with one in Phoenix, and got married to another in Las Vegas. But in both cases, the relationship was nothing like the one she had with Elizabeth. Dix wanted to rush things, and Chuck? Never in a million years will I marry a guy like that!

What's with me and deserts? she thought to herself, then promptly shook her head quickly in an attempt to clear any unnecessary thoughts out of her head. It was a rather slow day on the ER, so the staff didn't really waste any time to celebrate. Susan even saw Weaver's name in that familiar paper she saw Jerry holding, stating that she indeed joined the pool.

Amidst the clamor and chaos, Susan sneaked into the lounge and walked to her locker. She struggled to remember the locker combination, but hit on the right one. She then took out a bottle and two wine glasses from the locker, put it in a canvas bag, and slammed the door shut to the locker. She let herself out of the lounge and looked for the mass of curls in the sea of ER and surgery staff members.

Susan took Elizabeth's hand and brought her to the elevator leading to the rooftop. She loved the company of her fellow staff, and so did Elizabeth, but she wanted to keep Elizabeth to herself for a bit longer. Her heart pounded really quickly when it suddenly stopped on the surgery floor, but quickly realized that everyone was downstairs. Eventually, they reached the rooftop and she led her to the pair of lounge chairs that has been around ever since she was a second year resident.