View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

I cant see how anyone enjoyed this episode for the simple fact that Joey Potter needed a spanking, I dont even see how some Mommy Joey and Daddy Dawson foreshadowing could have swept away the annoyance of Miss Joey Potter in this episode, I wanted to strangle her.

Thinking you may be pregnant is a really scary thing, Im sure, but ruining everyone else's day including the baby shower of someone whom IS having a baby, by sulking around in your own unfounded sorrow was so beyond selfish and Joey's done some really selfish things. I dont see why Joey never seems to do what any normal person would do in these situations. She cant afford an Ivy League college, who can?! but she cries and cries until someone GIVES her money for school instead of taking out a student loan or applying for financial aid like any other college student in the universe. Then she thinks she may be pregnant and she mopes and mopes until she finally takes a pregnancy test and alas, it's negative. WHy not do that in the first place like any other sane human wouldve done, or even wait a couple days until it arrived since everyone knows a womans period can can fluctuate and comes a couple days earlier or later. That in itself banned this episode to the depths of annoyance for me. Not to mention the fact that it's just another message for a woman that sex is BAD BAD BAD and that you'll get pregnanct and then miscarry but that men can enjoy it seamlessly.

Then there was the fact that I have no interest whatsoever in an episode basically revolving around the Leery's anyway, they're always a big yawn, a little too much in the perfection department, I've always been keen on drama and a wee bit of dysfunctionality in my teen soaps. But the photo above of James and John was a bright spot (that cigar! Sooo funny....and a little dirty.)

Other than that I cant even remember anything else about this episode. Tobey never, ever interested me especially since he never seemed to interest Jack either (mostly Kerr's fault I'd say). This is the beginning of the most depressing Pacey we ever see (and not in that hot brooding late season 3 way) and Jen...was there Jen in there?
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote