View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Sea Horse
New Fan

At one time it was common for me to have a few cavity fillings every year. Root canals was something I was familiar with also, sadly.

That all changed when I removed wheat/gluten from my diet along with taking vitamin D3 and vitamin K2. Since i did those things 5 years ago, I haven't had a cavity since. My gum health is wonderful also. Overall my dentist was amazed. He has mentioned a couple times that he has never had a patient improve as much as I have. He might be a little sad also as Dr. Hill made a nice living on me and my bad teeth. We used to joke about dedicating a chair with my name on it.

Saw this doctors article the other day that had a mention about dental cavities and wheat. From my experience, I'm thinking there might be something to it.

"Upper Crust"

Upper Crust | Wheat Belly

snippet:

Quote:
...Hunter gatherer humans who first began to incorporate wild einkorn into their diet experienced a downtown in health, including more dental caries, bone diseases, and probably atherosclerosis and cancer. Likewise, modern hunter gatherer cultures who do not consume wheat are spared these conditions.

We also know that celiac disease is not unique to modern wheat, but has been described as early as 100 AD and many times since, meaning it likely occurred with consumption of emmer, spelt, kamut, and Triticum aestivum landraces, though the relative frequencies may have varied....