View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Rockyele
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Farrah Cooper (View Post)
You know it's funny, for the longest time I saw Sheldon as a parallel of Beverly, in that no matter how much others may care about them and try to please them, they'd never do anything they didn't want to do for anyone else. And then Amy came along, and a major divergence came: whereas Beverly would never even give physical affection to her own son (he had to build that hug machine remember?), Sheldon would spend the whole night cuddling and soothing Amy even though it scared the heck out of him. So yes, absolutely I'd say the change in him is for Amy and Amy alone, no one else, not even his best friend, can get him to do the things she's been able to. And that's why I love her for him
You said it very well Amy
Oh!, and welcome!, I'm Linda.

Sheldon has done good things before for his friends: he practically saved Leonard's life, drove Penny all the way to the hospital, lend her money, gave Raj a job, let Howard have his spot, yes, but there was always a "reason" behind all those acts, common sense, humanity (come on!, not even Sheldon as his most heartless would have let Leonard explode or Penny bleeding in the shower), a natural dettachment to money, a sense of superiority, guilt. And behind all those reasons lies the genuine love he had developed for all of them.

But, Amy, she was suffering of a very different kind of problem, she was not physically hurt or in danger, he didn't owed her nothing and would have got nothing out of helping her. She was just sad. Sad for something he didn't understand, and she asked her a useless, non-practical act, just to stay there and comfort her in some way, and he agreed! That's why I think it's special.

He left behind his lego fun time for her, twice! that's very, very telling.