View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 AM
merthurwen
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I doubt it will happen either, but story wise I think it would be nice. It would show Arthur's friendship with Elyan. Gwen and Elyan's sibling relationship, and it would be cute to see brave noble King Arthur get nervous about asking permission to marry Gwen.

Arthur may be King, but he is a man of honor and principals. In real life Arthur could have just taken Gwen as his mistress/or wife. But this is a family show where Arthur goes all shy when Gwen accidentally sees him naked. This Arthur respect Elyan as a man and knight and they are good friends. He would want to be respectful to Elyan as Gwen's only family and as the head male in her family.

Just a few more eps and we will see. They seem to be keeping the sibling connection separate from the knight/king thing. I like this as there really is no confusion about where Elyan's loyalties should lie if things go wrong. He is the kings man. If Arthur imprisons/beheads Gwen and Elyan acts in her defense it is treason as he has sworn fealty to the king. If he goes against Arthur even for Gwen and remains a knight it sows a seed of doubt about his loyalties and puts Arthur's authority in question. Which is one of the many reasons why I'm so excited about ep 11.