View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Simon Spier
Fan Forum Star

ABC buys comedy "Under Construction" starring Ashley Tisdale

EXCLUSIVE: High School Musical alumna Ashley Tisdale has sold a semi-autobiographical comedy project to ABC that will be executive produced by Warren Littlefield. Tisdale is set to star in and co-executive produce the multi-camera project, titled Under Construction, which is inspired by her life and centers on a young woman whose independence is put on hold when she is forced to move back home while her father renovates her recently purchased “money pit” along with her life. David Holden (Accidentally On Purpose) will write the script and co-executive produce. Also co-executive producing are Tisdale and her partner Jessica Rhoades through their Blondie Girl Prods. and Tom Forman for RelativityREAL where Blondie Girl has a development deal. Through that deal, Blondie Girl has several other projects in the works, including unscripted series Miss Advised, in production at Bravo. This marks a return to the multi-camera comedy genre for Tisdale, who started off on Disney Channel’s multi-camera sitcom The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody. Tisdale rose to fame as one of the stars of Disney Channel’s mega-hit High School Musical, which segued to the big screen. Tisdale, repped by CAA and manager Bill Perlman, continues to voice characters on Disney Channel’s animated hit Phineas And Ferb and recently executive produced and starred in the channel’s HSM spinoff movie Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure. She also starred on the CW drama Hellcats last season. This is CAA-repped Holden’s second sale at ABC this season. His family/dating comedy The Singles landed a script plus penalty commitment from the network in August.

ABC Buys Comedy Starring Ashley Tisdale – Deadline.com
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon