View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Fercita
Dedicated Fan

This was...excellent! It was so fun and sweet and this past episodes don't mean nothing against this one because it was so good. All the themes were good and the jokes too :O

I liked Leonard uhh, I don't know that word in English, and Roxanne told me what it was after reading the report but I forgot what it was!! :CC Well the thing he did to lower the price of the sword.

It was quite contrasting to know how Sheldon is with Leonard when they are friends and when they aren't. He got possessive of him then and reacted in a childish, mean way. I always said that out of all of them, Sheldon is the most emotional, I mean, Will Wheaton, his mortal enemy!! D I liked the way they all toasted for Howard. That was really sweet and well managed.

The Howard/Bernadette sub-plot was subtle but very clear and meaningful. The contrast between the jokes and the serious moments I felt weren't crass at all (which is something I found within the sitcom, the transition from somberness to laughing moment usually make me cringe). That Howard, the "not a doctor" gets to go to space before all of them is remarkable and very...deep? A hidden meaning maybe?

It struck me as curious and funny (and sad after thinking about it) how the roles change with the Penny/Amy/Sheldon interactions. Before it was Penny who was asking all the question. Even if season four she still did ask the questions, but now she learned to avoid them and that certain mini role of the outsider is taken by Amy. NOW, finally, do I feel Penny is "one of us, one of us, one of us". Also, because Penny knows Sheldon, now she doesn't even blink with what Amy says. I noticed that in the Penny/Amy/Bernadette scene, which was awesome.

It makes me sad because it does emphasize the fact that Amy is replacing Penny and Sheldon to each other (sneaky, sneaky really) and happy because it also emphasizes what role Penny used to have in that regard (if anyone cares, or is open enough to want to see it that way).

I never get excited about the PAB scenes. I liked them but people fawned over their scenes and I was like "what's the big deal", but I must say, this scene they had together was fantastic.

Ironic how Sheldon's mortal enemies get voluntary physical touch from him. That action figure Will gave to Sheldon really was meaningful for him (it was one of Sheldon's childhood dreams and he went quite a way to get it).

It reminded me about what Jim said about the hug Sheldon gave to Penny. That even though he (Sheldon) is very controlled and wary of his own body, the things that he is so grateful and moved for, he has to show in terms of physicality.

Sheldon/Will is now canon =PPP xDD Joke :O

ETA: Just read Lorre's vanity card for this episode and it reminded me so acutely of Sheldon. THAT he is. That he is.