View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 09:51 AM
***isy***
Ultimate Fan

hey everyone! i watched A Bittersweet Life ((Dal-kom-han In-saeng) already. most of you know i've been looking for this for a long time, and i wasnt disappointed.

synposis from Han Cinema:

Written and directed by Kim Ji-woon, this film is portraying a story in which a high-ranking gang member who manages a hotel bar is asked by his boss to spy on his girlfriend, and kill her if she is being unfaithful.

Sunwoo is no ordinary hotel manager. Quick-thinking and efficient, he's also the right hand man of underworld boss Kang. But tough guy Kang has a weakness: his young girlfriend Heesoo.

Suspecting she's unfaithful, jealous Kang orders obedient Sunwoo to take care of the problem. But when Sunwoo finds Heesoo with another man, he is unable to kill them without knowing why.

Kang is furious and swiftly sends his gang members after Sunwoo, plunging him into a living hell. With nerves of steel, Sunwoo battles the gang alone. With each kill, he takes one step closer to Kang.

Starring Lee Byeong-Heon, Kim Young-cheol, Sin Min-ah, Hwang Jeong-min, Kim Roi-ha, Eric Moon, Oh Dal-soo, Kim Hae-gon, Lee Moo-yeong, this film's running time is 118 MIN.

i just loved the way the film was shot. the cinematography and camera panning was well done, and the movie vibe is sort of Noir-ish. anyway, Lee Byeong-Heon was good here, he was so well mannered and polite at the start and his emotions change throughout the whole film. the fight scenes become more violent as the movie progresses, but i was nailed to my seat watching this.

and so Park Chan Wook's Vengeance trilogy is complete :

Titled "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," the pic is the final chapter of a vengeance trilogy created by writer/director Chan-Wook Park. The series began with "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" (2002) and continued famously by "Old Boy," which won Cannes' Grand Prix in 2004.

"Lady Vengeance" is a female character-driven psychological thriller, that marks the return to the big screen (after three years of TV work) of Korean uber-star Lee Young-ae.

Lee plays a mid-30s woman, who is betrayed and framed for a crime by a male conspirator. After losing her daughter and spending 13 years in prison, the woman embarks on a revenge quest

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ