View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:00 AM
SkySamuelle
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
This episode... best, that I have seen on this show in a long time!

LOVED the Stefan/Elena scenes: I think my favourite was the closet one. The look on their faces.. gah! I just wanted to bring them together and be done with it.
The break-up, while it was sad.. but he was doing what was best for her, even if it hurt them both for him to say it.
But, of course.. WE know.. we'll be back at some point..

LOVED all the Stefan scenes. Bets part of the episode. The flashbacks were made of win. I love that era. Loved the scene. The music. It was all amazing.

I even loved Stefan/Rebekkah. There was definitely chemistry between them, and I definitely could get on board with them.

Stefan/Klaus. Wow. They were friends. Who would have guessed that? It kind of makes you think back to all their interactions last season, and kind of see it in a new light.
I'm interested in seeing where things go from here.

Poor Caroline
While, I can understand why her father is that way. He mother was the same way in the beginning before she knew any better. And he grew up hating vampires. So it's no surprise he would act like this.
WORD.

I have loved this episode so much and i think it was the best quality I saw on TVD since Masquerade.

The flashbacks and the SE closet scene were the highlights of 3.03 for me - intense and perfect, with top acting from Joseph, Nina, Paul and even Claire Holt.

I didn't believe I was going to enjoy Rebekah's character and her decadent past romance with Stefan as much I did - so I am glad the show surprised in this way, and I am even intrigued by the Rebekah closeness to Klaus. You could see that it hurt him to 'put her to rest' and whole the SKR group dynamic just works very, very well.

Right now it looks quite guaranteed that the man Klaus is on the run from must the Originals dad - which explains the necessity for his siblings to choose a side and why Klaus daggered them one by one as they assumedly turned away from him.

The revealed past friendship between Stefan and Klaus is something that promises well for future Stefan drama. I am loving his arc this season, and how he is slowly being led to confront the Ripper persona he thought he had successfully and completely buried.

And Damon! I was so proud of him for offering himself to Klaus, and that one Stefan/Damon scene worked magnificently to prove that Damon can express otherwise in words, but he wants to bring Stefan back for no other reason than it's his brother and there's still a lot of love there under the insecurities and resentments.

On a shippy side: I loved, loved, loved the crumbling, pain-and-longing-filled expressions on Elena's face during her two scenes with Stefan and the way she kept clinging on the necklace at various moments like she was trying to desperately clutch him in its stead. Just perfect.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

Last edited by SkySamuelle; 10-01-2011 at 08:04 AM Reason: faulty grammar