View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
ganymede20
Loyal Fan

to Wala. Was it that 14 year-old girl? That's just horrible. As I said one dead is one too many. And a moment of silence for her family.

Quote:
IKR just the same situation Ausiello just have a pattern that he keeps repeating I guess.
Both backlashes were started by Tom O'Neil who worked at the LA Times when denouncing TR and at his own site the Gold Derby while impugning Chris. He's an old guy who has knows the industry very well and these awards so it isn't as if he's just short-sighted. He began both campaigns dishonestly. The main problem is the lingering effect afterwards. TR wasn't able to be nominated again because the message was that he had to have extraordinary material plus be better than Laurence Olivier and Marlon Brando combined. In truth the criteria is relative excellence in a given year. It often depends on the competition. SO and CW have slid by with weaker material in subsequent years without protests but because of the meme the nomination committee could easily dismiss TR early. In his final season as George TON sqwacked that he should be disqualified because he wasn't featured enough despite the fact he applauded TOQ's win when he vanished for half the year in Lost S3. I doubt Chris can be nominated again as Kurt because he has the "pure comedy" standard attached uniquely to him.

Ausiello and his ilk are culpable as well because sadly they know plenty of people are shallow so it only encourages resentment against a certain actor. Awards are supposed to be for excellence not looks but too many people conflate the two. Justin wasn't really given superior material throughout his years as Alex but some of his stans believed he was entitled to it on the basis of his sexiness. Hence the tension between Justin and TR fans. Unfortunately that's become one of those dubious arguments that gets legitimized through repetition.

I hope TR gets a nod for his turn in SVU next year. It is a category critics often overlook but I also wouldn't be surprise if a few decided to go another crusade.

Quote:
IKR I remember when TV Guide and TV line were on the love train for the musical too but the epp got more black bash than ever later on. Even the promotion isn't that much for it to gain 10 Millions I have my doubts but I think Shonda and ABC want to hit 10 Million so they average that for mostly.
Also EW always drools over the SP then ends up slamming the show by season's end. Other than PL paying these publications I never understand the strange dance. It's one thing to say the SP was good but suddenly the whole season is the greatest thing since sliced bread then suddenly it's the worst thing ever. This is why I don't have much trust or respect for the Hollywood press.

tweets:

GabrielShanks:
Quote:
@tapeworthy It was a brilliant show. TR Knight and Finneran were the funniest performances I've ever seen on Broadway.
Maureen_MVP:
Quote:
It's either him or TR Knight. RT @Elephantastiic: Rainn Wilson is the hottest awkward man ever.
Elephantastiic:
Quote:
@Maureen_MVP HOLY ****. ****ING THIS.
TR IS SO MUCH HOTTER THAN RAINN WILSON.

Quote:
You know many Arabs ironically praised Yitzhak Rabin said he was the best out of long bad list and he was willing to saddle down for 2 states unlike the right wings who seems only interested in building settlements. If the UN does acknowledge Pal this year those settlements may be evacuated and they may even stop building them. Plus I was just talking about it with my teacher if Pal become a state they can move legally against Israel which is why I think mainly Israel isn't embracing them as a state.
Rabin was from the center-left Labour Party and was more worldly in his point of view. He didn't have much good will amongst those Hareidi Jews. Even though many believed Sharon was a traitor for forcibly evacuating them from the settlements they never had the burning hatred against him as they did for Rabin. Some even questioned if he was a true Jew and spread lies that his mother was an Arab Muslim or that he was a covert spy for Arafat.

Quote:
I agree I wish they would chill and accept it. Here in Bahrain since I have light eyes and fairly tanned some hardly can believe I'm from the gulf because light eyes are rare here. They always questioned me in school whatever my mom was Egyptian In my mother family case some confuse her other sisters of being from another mother because they are so white and have light eyes too. Even going into Uni I got the usual are you Bahraini
Gotta side-eye all those assumptions. My friend, Tareq, is blonde and blue-eyed but he's Iraqi and born in Baghdad. Most people ask him if he's a convert to Islam. I have Lebanese, Syrian, and Jordanian friends who're blondes or red-heads with light eyes. Ultimately Jews, Arabs, Iranians, and all Mediterranean peoples are Caucasians thus having strong likelihood of having lighter features although it is recessive.

about people thinking your mom's sisters are from another mother. That's a similar situation in my family. Whenever people learn I have a sister-in-law they assume one of my sisters is her.