View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Well, if SR would have followed such a scenario then I don't think Jack would have sacrificed himself for Erica's future love interest. He either would have ended up sacrificing himself for Erica or he would have died a completely random, tragic and unheroic death a la Tyler or Ryan. But now where would they have fit a potential Jack death in? Tyler died in the season 2 finale and I still think it's very very likely that Hobbes would have eventually bitten it as well, only that his death would have been a 'good riddance' type of death like poor Ryan's has been.
well, my thinking would have been that he would have been trying for a lame and contrived 'Romeo and Juliet' type tragedy in such a scenario. It wouldn't matter whether it made any real sense or not. Erica may not have died, but then who knows, after seeing what I did - I can't even rule that out either, but I suspect that if ABC pulled the plug on the Jack/Erica route, SR would have continued to stick us with random/subtle scenes filled with innuendos of trying to convince us that they 'want to be together' but can't be together because of who/what Jack was/is. Either way, I think this would have culminated in both: a tragic, senseless death scene with him sacrificing himself for ERica, so that she could be with another.

As for the when/where/how - your guess is as good as mine. I wouldn't expect the timing to make sense, I honestly feel like SR would have just thrown it at us whenever he felt like it. I do agree, Hobbes was likely going out and perhaps SR could have killed 'two birds with one stone' that way. Jack, the hero, takes out Hobbes and they both end up dying together in the process - leaving ERica with the acceptable 'love interest' for primetime TV.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.