View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Me too. And didn't SR pretty much strip Jack of his priest identity for nothing now? I mean, it's fairly obvious that he mainly did it because he wanted to have his beloved Jack/Erica romantic pairing and the whole "soldier" business was basically just a cover. So, if V had continued, what would Jack's future story even have looked like after ABC threw a spanner in the works? My guess is we would have seen the character develop further into a V-hating soldier and long some more for Erica. Once Erica would have met human guy number 4 and struck up a deeper connection with him, Jack's feelings for her would have slowly fizzled out. And to think that Jack was stripped of his unique and thought-provoking priest arc for such a one-dimensional and flat direction. How pathetic.
I know. Considering the likely path you just constructed for how Jack's character arc, or lack thereof, would have digressed - at that rate, I would put Jack up on the 'SR auction block' as a likely candidate for meeting an early demise. Seriously, with that kind of storytelling, it would have been pointless to keep the character around. SR could have used him for another 'shocking', out of the blue, contrived death scene for a finale somewhere.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.